Pages

Monday 24 December 2018

πŸ‘️ Summer Learning Journey - Day 5 - Week 1 πŸ‘️

Blink Or You'll Miss It

Activity 1 ( Towering Timbers )
In this activity, we are supposed to argue if logging should be allowed in New Zealand. If you don't know what logging is, click here.

I think logging should be allowed in New Zealand because it will help New Zealand in a number of ways, such as paper, houses & energy. 
Well, you might be thinking why to cut down beautiful trees and ruin our native forests and parks. I think for every tree we cut down we should plant more trees in a different area ( not native parks ). So in the following years, we have more trees to cut down without harming any animals or forests. This cycle will go on without any harm for years to come. This also opens up job opportunities for people. I think this approach to cutting down trees is a smart and healthy way of preserving our trees. Unlike the movie Lorax.

Image result for logging


Activity 2 ( Living On The Edge )
In this activity, we have to write a letter to a family member describing a class trip to tundra.

Dear Family, 

Image result for tundra
I was extremely fortunate to go on a class trip to the tundra. When we arrived we got a fresh cold wind slapping us in the face as we walked out of the bus. I checked the temperature, and it stated that the temperature was about -24 to -26 degrees. Our class group walk towards a small pool of water and I touch the water, it feels as my hand could freeze instantly. One of our group members spots a skulk of arctic foxes running together. Everyone gets there phone out and takes pictures, this experience coming tundra has been very memorable.


Activity 3 ( Going, going ...gone )
We have to describe what New Zealand was like before the whole country sinks!

New Zealand such a lively and beautiful country, with gorgeous chirping birds, like the Tui, Pukeko, Kiwi and various others. Covered with tall, beautiful trees and their bright leaves. From the bottom of Stewart Island to the top of the North Island, embraced with people who admire and call this country home. From the crowded and busy streets of Auckland to the windy and steep hills of Wellington comes the North Island, stories say the giant fish of Maui. The canoe of which Maui and his brothers caught the fish, is the South Island. The South Island consists of large hills and mountains such as the Aoraki Mount Cook and many cities and towns who love living here. Surround by water, there are beaches everywhere. New Zealand, a country to be appreciated.

6 comments:

  1. Wow!
    You have done so much work on this one!
    Have You been to my blog yet?
    Please comment and see my posts at
    https://wpssamuelh.blogspot.com/
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks You Sam, I have commented on your blog.
      Thanks for commenting.
      Nidhi

      Delete
  2. Hi Nidhi,

    My name is Laura and I am one of the bloggers for the Summer Learning Journey. You have done a lot of work on the Summer Learning Journey already - well done!

    I particularly liked reading your letter home about the tundra as you described it very vividly. Have you been somewhere cold like that?

    I thought your argument for logging was very interesting. Would you suggest planting the same kinds of tree that you cut down, or different trees? I wonder if there is any harm to planting lots of pine forests? NZ already has a lot of pine forests that get cut down for timber. I think there can sometimes be issues with all the mess that gets left behind when trees get cut down, such as when the debris gets into the waterways (streams and rivers).

    However, as you say, there are a lot of jobs in the forestry industry and that is also a very good thing.

    It's hard to know what is best sometimes!

    I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog posts this summer!

    From Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura, Thank you for commenting on my blog. I have never been somewhere that is as cold as the tundra. What about you?
    I would suggest planting the same trees. Thanks again.

    Thanks Nidhi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Nidhi,

    I really enjoyed reading your description of New Zealand. If I was a tourist I'd be booking the first flight here after reading that! :) Have you been to the North Island before?
    You've used some really lovely vocabulary and I love how you've incorporated Māori myths and legends. I think Māori culture is a beautiful part of New Zealand and making visitors aware of it is a wonderful thing.

    Looking forward to reading more posts from you soon. Until then, happy blogging!

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! And I also wanted to say that I thought the inclusion of the little slideshow was a lovely touch :) Well done for attributing the images you've used too!

      Mā te wā,

      Mikey :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.