Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

🌲 Summer Learning Journey - Day 2 - Forest Life 🌲

Summer Learning Journey 

Image result for tane mahuta tree🌲 Activity 1 ( Giants Among Us ) πŸŒ²

I would love to be one of the thousands of people that visit the Tane Mahuta kauri tree. Because I want to see how to tall the tree actually is, and I live in the South Island making it difficult to find a kauri tree. So I would definitely love to visit this magnificent tree.


Activity 2 ( Fabulous Ferns )

One task for this activity was to name 3 NZ sporting teams that have the word " Fern " on their title:

1. White Ferns ( New Zealand Women's National Cricket Team ) πŸ
2. Silver Ferns ( New Zealand National Netball Team ) πŸ
3. Black Ferns ( New Zealand Women's National Rugby Union Team ) πŸ‰

Related image Image result for silver ferns uniform
Pic 3                                           Pic 2    




I think the best uniform is the white ferns cricket team. Because I like that the uniform is pink, white and black it looks really unique and pink is a bold colour which looks really nice on the uniform.





Pic 1


Activity 3 ( Weird and Wonderful )


5 comments:

  1. TΔ“nā koe Nidhi!

    My name is Mikey and I will be commenting on your Summer Learning Journey blog posts along with Emma. It looks like you've made a great start to the programme, well done!

    I think that's a great reason to want to visit Tane Mahuta - photos don't often do our natural environment justice, do they? Seeing it in person would be an incredible experience. I'm actually from Northland and even I haven't been to see it. It's definitely on the bucket list though. Are there any other places in New Zealand that you want to visit?

    Great work on researching your three New Zealand sports teams as well. I have to agree with you about the White Ferns uniform being the best. I think they must have a few different uniforms because I saw a picture of them on another blog in a blue and black top. I do like the Silver Ferns one as well. I play netball too, and it reminds me of the dress I have to wear. Do you play any sports?

    Well done for remembering to add links to where you got your photos from. It's important that we acknowledge where we sourced our information and images from when we blog.

    Keep up the great work Nidhi. I look forward to reading more posts from you soon :)

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Mikey, I totally agree seeing the tallest kauri tree in person is certainly so much better than seeing it in digital photos. Somewhere in NZ I would love to visit is Cape Reinga. I play some sports like Badminton and occasionally hockey as its so much fun to play. Whats your favorite NZ sports team?

    Thanks for commenting, I have some awesome post coming up....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mōrena Nidhi!

      Cape Reinga is beautiful! The drive to get there is quite long but it's definitely worth it. What is it about the area that makes you want to visit it?

      You're so brave! I've always been too worried about getting hit with a ball or a stick to play hockey. Do you play for your school's teams? Hmm... I don't know if I could pick a favourite team. I prefer to play sports, rather than watch them. But if I HAD to choose, I'd pick the Warriors. My mum and dad LOVE rugby league so growing up we went to lots of games with them. What about you? Do you have a favourite sports team?

      All the best,

      Mikey

      Delete
  3. Hi Mikey,
    I think why I really want to go and visit Cape Reinga is because its the top of New Zealand. I play badminton for my school sports team and this year we came 3rd in our division. I personally don't have a favorite Nz sports team but I enjoy watching the All Blacks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nidhi!

    I just realised that I didn't say anything about your completed bonus activity in my earlier comment. Well done for stating all of the information you need to be able to answer the problem, and for using a great multiplication strategy to solve it! Do you know any other strategies that might be helpful in trying to work this equation out?

    Talk soon,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.