Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

🦁 Summer Learning Journey - Day 3 - Awesome Animals 🐼

Image result for wolf red eyes
Activity 1 ( Fantastic Beasts )


In this activity we are supposed to create our own beast, here's mine:

My beast consists of four crinigerous legs and very long keen toenails. He has really rough black fur on his body and has a strong hearing ability. He has eyes as red as blood and when stared into you will be hypnotized. Along with his eyes, he has razor-sharp teeth. This beast has an appetite for blood from any living creature and will hunt you down alive. He can run nearly as fast as a cheetah ( WATCH OUT ). There is one of his kind making this beast very rare and unique. Good Luck finding him as he only lives in dark caves in the depths of the forests. There is no name for this unknown creature. πŸΊ BEAST πŸΊ


Activity 2 ( The Secretive Skink )

Pro's & Con's - Doc Ranger:
Link
Image result for people taking care of animalsPros:
Doc Rangers get to hang out with cool animals. 
They're preventing animals from getting extinct.
Rangers also hang out with people who have similar interest ( animals ).

Cons:
Because your living on an island you can't see your family members every day.

You might get attacked or bitten by the animals.
Animals might die, and many people get attached to those animals.

I think I would not become a D.O.C Ranger because of the fear of getting bitten by animals is scary for me. Also, your living on an island without seeing your family and for me, I wouldn't like a job like that.

Activity 3 ( World Wildlife Fund ) - Bonus 

This is the video I watched relating to the WWF. Questions to answer:

Image result for saimaa ringed seal
The name of the animals the WWF is trying to save?

In this video, the WWF is trying to save Saimaa Ringed Seal.

What the WWF is doing to save the animals?
For this endangered seal to give birth the seal has to dig a snow bank in order to reproduce. If there are no snow banks available the seal pups are born on exposed ice which can harm them because they don't have any protection. So this organisation is building snow banks for the pups because up to half of these special creatures can die.

What success have they had?
They have had quite a success as last year 73 pups were born out of 83. This year they built 10 more snow banks than last year.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nidhi,

    Ka pai - another fantastic post! :)

    Your beast sounds TERRIFYING! I wouldn't like to run into him alone. Which part of the world does he live in? You've used some really descriptive language; I can picture your beast perfectly. Just make sure that the words you're using are real words. You can always ask your parents, or me, if you're unsure.

    You've made a very compelling argument both for and against becoming a DOC ranger. I can see why you might not want to be one; it would be hard to be away from your family. What if one of your family members could be a DOC ranger with you? Who would you choose?

    Thank you for giving such informative answers in activity three. You've pulled out all of the important information and summarised the video very well. It sounds like the WWF are doing an amazing job helping the seals.

    I'm really looking forward to reading your next post, Nidhi :)

    Blog ya later!

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mikey, this terrifying beast lives in Australia =). I think even if a family member like my sister was with me I would still not become a Doc ranger.
    Would you become a doc ranger?
    Thanks again Mikey

    Nidhi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Nidhi,

    I'm glad to hear that! No chance of running into it here in New Zealand then :)

    Fair enough. I think you've really got to love the job you do and sometimes even having your family doing it with you doesn't help. I think I'd like to spend a day or two in a DOC rangers shoes. It would be really interesting to see what kinds of things they get to do, and what animals they work with. I'd love to see a kiwi in the wild; I've only ever seen one in the zoo and I don't think that's quite as special. What about you? Have you seen a kiwi in real life?

    Talk soon,

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mikey

      Sadly I have never seen I Kiwi in the wild, but it would be really nice to.
      Whats your favorite animal?

      =) Nidhi

      Delete
  4. Mōrena Nidhi,

    My favourite animal is the elephant, followed very closely by the flamingo. For one of my university assignments we had to make a puppet and I made mine in the shape of a flamingo :) What's your favourite animal?

    Blog ya later!

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.