Pages

Thursday 27 December 2018

🌸 Summer Learning Journey - Day 2 - Week 2 🌸

🌸 Fabulous Flora πŸŒΈ

Image result for flax weaving
Activity 1 ( Weaving A Tall Tale )
For this activity, we have to write whether or not we would weave with flax.

Flax
I would love to try flax weaving because it looks really enjoyable, and you can make quite a lot of interesting things out of it. Flax weaving looks difficult but one day I would love to try this amazing art.

Image result for kiwi mangrove

Activity 2 ( Mighty Mangroves )

My mum is someone who I think is strong and tough because she can stand any obstacle and still be able to smile. She is someone who gives off a positive vibe and loves helping others in need. She is an amazing role model and is a real comedian. These are some reasons why I think my mother is so strong and tough. 


Image result for pitcher plant
Activity 3 ( Stranger Than Fiction ) 


Similarities :
- They are both carnivorous plants.
- Both plants eat small insects and animals.
- Both plants use leaves to trap their food.


Image result for venus fly trap

Differences:
-The Venus Flytrap uses special lobes to trap animals whereas the pitcher plant uses a fluid.
-The Pitcher Plant is found in south-east Asia and the Venus Flytrap is found in Eastern Carolina.
-The Venus Flytrap gives off nectar to attract insects however the Pitcher Plant attracts insets through its deep red colour.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nidhi,

    I would like to try flax weaving too! I love the calla lily weaving. I would like to learn how to make a kete that I could use for shopping. They looks so cool and are very practical too.

    Wow your mum sounds awesome! Positive people are so good to be around - they make you feel good about things. In what way is she a comedian? Does she tell jokes, or play pranks?!

    From Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,
    Thanks for commenting on my blog post.
    My mu is both she tells jokes and play pranks and does a lot things that we find hilarious.

    Nidhi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Nidhi,

    Me again :)

    Those are two very strange looking plants! Have you seen either of them in real life before? Growing up, we had a Venus Flytrap at our house. It used to try and catch flies that landed on it but they always got away - it was a bit too slow I think. I found the fact about how each plant attracts it's prey particularly interesting. Which was your favourite fact?

    Blog ya later!

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.