Pages

Wednesday 21 June 2017

REPORT ON A CAREER IN SCIENCE !

PHARMACIST:

What is the main purpose of this job?
The salary for pharmacist are between 120,000 and 122,000 dollars.
They study the side effects of different drugs and medicines.
They have to have university level of education. Different countries need bachelors of pharmacy, Master of pharmacy and doctor of pharmacy degree. The most common position is a community pharmacist which makes your prescription from the doctor. The hospital pharmacist does more in depth work on medicines. Hospital pharmacist they test it on animals. A pharmacist prescriber they advise you what drugs or medicine you need. Before pharmacists were healthcare practitioner  which would check and distribute drugs to doctors for medication as perscribed to patients. 

John Pemberton.
Who has this job?
 The person I will be choosing is John Pemberton. He was born 8th July 1831. John died on 16th August 1888 because of Stomach Cancer also he was taking drugs. He died at the age of 57. After graduating University Of Georgia and getting degree in pharmacy, John went and fought in wars. After a the civil war he decided to open up his own pharmacy and make medicines. He invented Coca Cola.

FACTS :
-He turned cocaine into a substitute for morphine.
John had a big appetite for morphine(DRUG). When the drug distributes stopped giving him morphine he turned morphine into cocaine.
-Pemberton partner suggested to have c's instead of k's.( Koka Kola but his partner said to do it this way:  Coca Cola.)

Why did  I chose to study this job?
The reason why I chose this job was because I was really interested in how they make medicine and drugs.
Would you ever do this job?
No because I am not interested in chemistry or anything to do with mixing chemicals and drugs together.
What skills do I have to do this job?
I think I have the skills for working in a team but I don't have any interest with chemicals as said above.
How good do you think you would be at this job?
I think I will be okay at this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.