Pages

Tuesday 10 September 2019

Pad Thai - Home Economics

Pad Thai
Last Friday our home economics groups made pad thai. Pad Thai is a stir-fried noodle dish served with egg, cashew nuts and etc. 

My group were assigned tasks of their own because this was a very time-consuming recipe. So everyone needed to be making parts of the dish. We did not have a full group of 4 because some students were absent, so we borrowed someone for the lesson. Getting into the lesson I personally think some people didn't know how to work on their own/read the recipe, so this caused interruptions. But in the end, everyone got their pad thai dish with time to spare.

What did the group do well?
The group stayed focused, even though at times people didn't know how to prepare stuff, they stayed on track and completed it. We communicated well and helped members within our group. The group had good time management and like I said before we had time to spare.

Whats needs to be improved next time?
If we were to do this dish again, I would not pour as much water in the pad thai when cooking it above the stove, because I had to wait quite a while before the water was able to evaporate. When making this dish again I would add more vegetables and maybe a fried egg.
Next time I would add just a bit more spices into it and chilli to give a nice flavour. Team work-wise I would say perhaps being able to read and carry out the instruction quickly. 

Feedback? 
I personally liked the dish but the noodles had a slimy texture to it, this may have been due to me pouring more water into the dish than usual. My friends had the same comment. 

Next Steps:
1. Reading and carrying out the instructions quickly. 
2. Taking a few more photos. 

1 comment:

  1. You obviously enjoy spicy flavours. Which spices would you add more of?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.