Pages

Wednesday 1 May 2019

Home Economics - 🥪

Image result for guideline dinner plate




Meat: 1 - 2 servings
Vegetables: 3+ servings
Bread: 6 servings
Dairy: 1 - 3 servings





Serving sizes guideline:

B & C
Meat + A
Milk
Fruit
Vege
Extra FSS
Water
6
1-2
1-3
2
3+
0-1
2L

How do these guidelines relate to your daily intake? Where do my strengths and weaknesses lie?

These are my servings daily:
B & C
Meat + A
Milk
Fruit
Vege
Extra FSS
Water
4-5
2
2-3
2
3+
1-2
1-1.5L

Yesterdays Food Model:
The purpose of this activity was to create a dinner plate for the food of our choice which was salmon with mash potatoes and kumara and some mixed vegetables.  The dinner model suggests we should have half of our plate filled with vegetables and quarter with starchy foods. The other quarter should be filled with meat or alternatives. The food we made relates to the dinner model because our group as followed the diagram. 

Takeaways From The Term:

What is something I am taking away from this term?
I am taking away the importance of servings sizes. What I hope to apply to next term is knowledge about cooking and baking food. What I'm looking forward to next term is making my food bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.