Pages

Monday 29 April 2019

Another World - Diversity

 🌍 Another World  🌍


In English, we have been learning about the concept of another world and the lessons we learn from movies and books we watched. I think we are learning about this because these stories will help me understand different perspectives and to respect other peoples differences. These are some things I learnt while watching and reading books and movies:


Willow Maid could be connected to problems in the world happening right now, such as disrespecting nature and humans.

Tarzan helped me to understand not to judge people who are different from you.

Avatar The Great Divide could be connected to the real world where people don’t respect each other's differences which creates arguments.

Butterflies helped me to understand that people have different perspectives and that we should respect their opinion even if we don’t agree with it.


Mulan helped me understand that we should stand up for what we believe in even if it looks impossible.

Zootopia helped me understand not to live by your stereotype and anyone can be anything.

Beauty And The Beast helped me understand that we shouldn't make assumptions based on other peoples differences.

Wonder helped me understand that we should always be kind to one another.

Life Of Pi helped me understand that we shouldn't give up, even if the situation is difficult.

The Lorax helped me understand why we should protect our environment and learn from our past mistakes.



2 comments:

  1. Awesome post, Nidhi. Your introduction is clear and thoughtful.
    Your writing is organized well. I like that you put the names of the stories in bold.
    You have thought about the messages in each story, and even included a few that you studied outside of class. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback Mr Cairns.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.