Pages

Monday 10 April 2017

SCIENCE REPORT ON PAPER PLANE

AIM:
To find out how far a paper plane can fly and how forces react on it.


Hypothesis:
I think my paper plane will fly around about 4 meters so that’s half the classroom. My prediction is that the plane will not go straight it will just be on a lean.

Forces On A Paper Plane:
These are the force on a paper plane drag meaning pulling the paper plane. Thrust meaning pushing the paper plane. Weight/Gravity meaning pulling the object to the ground. Lift meaning pulling it towards the sky/upwards.

Methods:
Here is my plane:
Image result for paper plane forces
here my paper plane:

Results:
My plane flew 4 meters so that's half of the classroom.

Discussion:
What did I learn from this: I learned what forces act on paper planes and what forces act on objects in general.
What i might change next time:
I would take more time into my work and make a paper plane that can fly far.

1 comment:

  1. Really nice blog post Nidhi, you really have learned a lot about forces, and great to see a photo of your plane.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.