Pages

Wednesday 12 April 2017

MY CHILDHOOD MEMOIR

On a bitterly cold morning I walked through the gates of Hornby High. I felt isolated since I was the only one that had arrived with no friends. I was wearing the Hornby High School uniform it felt very different from primary.


I heard the bell go. Everyone was standing in line waiting, it felt like we had been waiting for hours. Eventually the teacher had arrived. About time. We sat on the mat, everything went dead silent. Everyone had straight faces. Our teacher was Miss Richardson. She looked entertaining and had a good sense of humor. There were people from different schools which made me more anxious.
Finally the sun had came out and day had gotten warmer. The first day we went outside to play games. I had forgotten my P.E uniform just amazing. Other people in my class had forgotten it as well. So I wasn’t the only one. We played games on the field it didn't really interest me.


We played sack races and I was in a team with all my friends from primary. I went first and it was very difficult to run in a sack realising not to go first. As everyone in my team finished we moved on to the earth ball. The earth was really big and as you touched it your hand would sink in. We were in teams of 8 and there were 2 teams. Running in school uniform was really difficult because you were running in a skirt which made it more harder.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nidhi. .it was really interesting to read about your first day in high school. I am glad it turned out good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.